Hope you are having a wonderful time and enjoying your holidays.
Sharing with you some traditional goodies that are part of the American culture for the Christmas Holidays -
1) Eggnog - Eggnog is a sweetened dairy-based beverage made with milk, cream, sugar, beaten eggs (which gives it a frothy texture), and flavoured with ground cinnamon and nutmeg; alcoholic versions also exist with the addition of various liquors, such as brandy, rum, and whiskey.
2) Cookies of all different kinds - do read the post on Monster Cookies posted here few months back.
3) Fruitcake - is a cake made with chopped candied fruit and/or dried fruit, nuts and spices, and optionally soaked in spirits.
4) Gingerbread - is a sweet that can take the form of a cake or a cookie in which the predominant flavors are ginger and raw sugar.
* Plum Pudding - is the dessert traditionally served on Christmas day.
* Persimmon Pudding - is another traditional American dessert made with persimmons - known to the ancient Greeks as "the fruit of the gods" and is the edible fruit
* Apple Pie
* Mince Pie - contains minced meat with apple as a base.
* Pecan Pie
* Pumpkin Pie
* Sweet Potato Pie
7) Meats like Roast Turkey and Ham
8) Drinks include Hot Chocolate, Apple Cider, Wines, Champagne
Have fun and a happy new year to you all